Hoodia - Use Nature's Power to Fight Obesity

Hoodia Gordonii, a natural substance, is reported to have powerful appetite suppresant properties. Since its introduction to the U.S. market in 2004, Hoodia has been drawing much attention as a possible weapon in the war against obesity. This blog will explore the science and studies behind these claims,what Hoodia is, where it comes from, how it is taken and tolerated, the expected results, and discuss Hoodia product buying tips.

Sunday, October 21, 2007

MY BODY WILL BE A SUGAR-FREE ZONE FROM HALLOWEEN UNTIL VALENTINE'S DAY!

As I was doing my weekly shopping today to stock up on healthy fruits, vegetables, whole-wheat bread and pasta, and turkey breast for lunches, I couldn't help but notice the abundance of candy and other Halloween goodies parked at the end of almost every aisle in the store. This got me thinking of how many calories could be consumed between Halloween and Valentine's Day. We have Halloween, Thanksgiving, the entire Christmas season, New Year's, the SuperBowl, and then Valentine's day. All of these are holidays and occasions that are strongly tied to food and drink. This year, I am vowing not to gain back what I have lost over the holidays. Let's face it, we will all overeat during this time, and no one will be able to stick to their food plan 100% of the time. My goal is to lose a few pounds over the holidays, but at the very least I will not gain weight. My plan is to totally eliminate candy, cookies, cakes, and all other deserts for the entire time. I have identified sweets as the one thing that triggers me to go completely crazy and off of my "diet". Once I get started with candy or cookies, it seems as if I lose all resolve to eat right. It's going to be difficult to say no to that first piece of candy, but it will be worth it in March, when everyone is getting ready for the summertime again! I realize now that I am not a person who has any sense of portion control; I am a compulsive over-eater and I have to remain vigilant during difficult times. If I avoid my major triggers, I am confident that I will be able to make sensible choices about what I eat and what I turn away. Of course I just received a new shipment of Hoodia, and I will be taking that faithfully (4 caps each and every day) throughout the entire holiday season. I am committed to success!

I am finding that planning ahead is crucial in this weight loss endeavor. You have to plan out how you will handle difficult situations before they arise, and stick to your plan. I'll keep posting on how it's going.

Good luck to everyone who is in the same boat as I am!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 9:22 PM , Blogger Lauren said...

    Excellent observations about how much junk is out there. I applaud your efforts and hope that you'll do well to meet your goals. You're right. Planning ahead is crucial. You've inspired me to get back to planning my family's meals a week at a time so that we don't resort to the "quick fix" of fast food.

    Here's an article of mine about fats that you may find interesting.

    http://www.helium.com/tm/569966/automatically-grocery-products-attempts

     
  • At 2:25 PM , Blogger elusivebutterfly said...

    I wish you luck with your efforts. I have heard of Hoodia and it has peaked my curiosity. Keep me posted. EB.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home